August 3, 2013: Coldwater Trails and Mammoth Consolidated Mine
Project Description: Join Mammoth Brewing Company and the Southern Mono Historical Society on Saturday, August 3rd, for trail work and maintenance on the Mammoth Lakes Trail System, along with Friends of the Inyo and MLTPA. We'll be working on the interpretive trail at the Mammoth Consolidated Mine Site as well as Mammoth Lakes Trail System trails such as theColdwater-George and the Duck Pass Trails. Thanks to Mammoth Brewing Company, all trail volunteers will receive free admittance to Bluesapalooza's "Saturday Night Blues Concert" which gets started at 5:30 on the afternoon on August 3. Volunteers will learn trail maintenance skills, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System volunteer trail crew should come on Saturday, August 3 to get trained up for future SOS projects.
- When: Saturday, August 3, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Meet at the top of Coldwater near the Duck Pass Trailhead for a free bagel breakfast, safety talk and work assignments. Free lunch and lots of giveaways will be hosted on site.
- What: Join Mammoth Brewing Company and the Southern Mono Historical Society for trail work on the Coldwater Trails and the Mammoth Consolidated Mine Site.
- Who: Volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome! Please dress for trail work: sturdy, close-toed shoes, and long pants. Gloves and tools provided.
- 37 volunteers
- 185 total volunteer hours ($4,095.90 value in volunteer labor at 5 hours per volunteer!)
- 17 signs refurbished and re-mounted at the historic Consolidated Mine site
- 1 mile of interpretive trail enhanced with rock delineation
- 1 trail (to the Consolidated Mine "Air Compressor") completely re-rebuilt
- 5 logs removed
- 1 Trail around Arrowhead Lake brushed and maintained
- 4 miles of trail maintenance on Duck Pass Trail
Click here to access the Photo Gallery!
Click here to download the event flyer
Donate with a paper check
Make your check out to “MLTPA Foundation” and mail it to:
PO Box 100 PMB 432
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546-0100