MLTPA advocates for, initiates, facilitates, and participates in the planning, implementation, management, and stewardship of a four-season trail system in Mammoth Lakes and the immediate Eastern Sierra.
MLTPA will be an effective, independent leader that connects the community with its majestic natural setting, helping to sustain an exceptional quality of life and a prosperous local economy.
"Connecting people with nature..."
The Mammoth Lakes Trails and Public Access Foundation (MLTPA) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization incorporated in 2007 as a public benefit corporation in the State of California.
The Board and staff of MLTPA are proud to share with you our plans for the future -- both for the Foundation, the Mammoth Lakes Trail System, and for the Mammoth Lakes community. Download our strategic documents, below, for a detailed look at how MLTPA positions itself for success!
1. Advocate for Trails and Public Access: Create awareness of and promote a system of four-season trails and public access.
2. Champion Physical Trails Development: Participate in the development of a sustainable four-season trails and public-access system.
3. Foster Stewardship and Community Participation: Facilitate stewardship of trails and their recreation opportunities through collaborative partnerships.
4. Spearhead Effective Trail-System Management: Deliver enhanced, efficient, sustainable trail-system management.
5. Ensure Organizational Stability: Develop and sustain the organizational resources and capacity necessary to achieve MLTPA's mission.
6. Ensure Operational Financial Stability: Develop a balanced, robust, and creative funding mix to sustain the organization.
This page last updated: November 26, 2019